Do you suffer from osteoarthritis in your hip or knee?
Willis Street Physiotherapy and HealthFit Collective, with Ministry of Health, have a new proactive service to help you manage your condition by reducing your pain and making you stronger.
What does the Mobility Action Programme (MAP) involve?
- Detailed physiotherapy assessment
- Strength and conditioning programme
- Wellness programme and support to make permanent lifestyle changes to manage your condition long term
- Whanau, family and friends are encouraged to come along to your appointments to support you through the process
- Areas the pilot programme is available - Wellington CBD, Porirua, Kilbirnie, Kapiti, and the Newlands/Johnsonville area
How long does the programme take?
The programme is a 12 month programme with most contact in the first 6 – 12 weeks. You will be helped to find activities in your local area, so you can connect with others and keep your programme going. This may include a Green Prescription referral or Arthritis New Zealand support.
How can I get onto this programme and what does it cost?
Your GP will advise you if you are eligible for a fully funded program or partial payment.
For more information check out our Patient Information Guide at the bottom of the page.
Want to know more about OA and how you can manage a healthy lifestyle?
If you would like to know more about living with OA, and managing your condition. Check ot our Barefoot and Soul Blog post on OA (this can be found on the feed on our home page).
I am a health professional, how do I get more information?
Please refer to the GP information guide at the bottom of this page.
If you are a health professional and you would like more information please email our Business Development Manager and MAP lead, Erin Roxburgh - firstname.lastname@example.org
More info on the Mobility Action Plan