Wellington’s expert physiotherapy clinic.We have added to our service by taking over the running of the Physiotherapy Clinic within Student Health at Victoria University, both at Kelburn and Pipitea Campus.
The clinics are available to all students and staff of VUW, as well as to those members of the public who may find the location convenient.
Please click here if you want to find out more about the clinic at Victoria University
Willis Street Physiotherapy provides fast, expert consultation and Physiotherapy treatment with:
This leads to an increase in productivity and the ability to reach your goals and lead the life you want. Read more about Willis Street Physiotherapy…
- we have highly skilled expert physiotherapists Nick Conn, Grant Plumbley, Gayle Snyders, Maarama Davis, Fran Willis and Margaret Culy. Due to our recent expansion we are also pleased to welcome Kyla Anderson-Morris, Anna Mason-Mackay and Peter Snowdon to our team - view all the profiles here...
- 40-minute initial sessions that include an extensive assessment of your discomfort, pain or injury (as most problems are multi-factorial in nature)
- individual treatment plans using proven care pathways which should deliver significant change in your condition within 1 – 3 sessions
- Student services and pricing - for up to date info visit our new student blog www.vicphysio.com
Physiotherapy manages musculoskeletal discomfort, pain and injury.
What is physiotherapy?
The Willis Street Physiotherapy approach is simple – we:
Treatment can take many forms – manipulation, mobilisation, stretching, acupuncture, strengthening, massage, trigger point work, Cranio-Sacral Therapy, Visceral Manipulation, Cranio-Sacral Therapy for babies and many more . Learn more about our treatments.
- make a detailed assessment of the problem and discuss contributing lifestyle factors
- do a physical examination to determine pain sensitive structures and any biomechanical factors
- form a working diagnosis and agree on a management approach and treatment plan with you.
What to expect
- From your 40-minute in-depth initial assessment, we devise an individual treatment plan. We take a holistic approach to the treatment, as most problems are caused by multiple factors.
- Modern physiotherapists have a ‘hands on’ approach. You should expect to be moved and to take an active role in treatment.
- We understand when to refer you for further investigation or opinion – such as x-rays or to a sports physician.
- You should see or feel improvement in your condition within 1 – 3 sessions.
ACC wanted to ensure consistency in terms of safety and quality within the physiotherapy sector. We are pleased to report that we have been HDANZ accredited against the national standard for allied health services NZS 8171:2005 for many years. This ensures we meet the rigorous administrative and clinical standards to ensure you will get the best service.
Join our e-Newsletter readership
Stay in touch with the latest information about Sports Injuries, Injury Prevention, and Coprorate Well Being.
Barefoot and Soul Blog
We are pleased to be the leading stockist of Vibram Five Fingers in New Zealand. Please visit the Freedom Feet website (click here
) to read all about them and feel free to come in and try a pair on.